Product: Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder with Down-Imaging and GPS Review
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Display: 5″ color TFT wide-screen LCD480v x 800h resolution, 256 colors
Guarantee: Humminbird 1-Year Limited Warranty
My Rating: 8 out of 10
The HUMMINBIRD 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Overview
People like to enjoy activities on the water. Sailing around beautiful coral island or cruising the high seas. Some people cannot sleep in peace, if not caught a nice fish. For fishing would suffice only with a rowing boat, a simple fishing rod and grandfather’s experience would be enough, but surrounded by so many seductive and pleasant things that we want to enjoy it.
Fish catch is becoming increasingly difficult. The most likely, that people on it are guilty. Oceans and seas are constantly polluted. Wide range of effort has been developed against pollution over the last years. Fish is becoming less and also by the fierce commercial fishery. People invent ever more sophisticated and expensive tools to catch fish and get pleasure.
One of modern fishing tools is Marine navigation GPS .
Why GPS (Global Positioning System)? The simple answer is to find a good fishing spot. Today satellite navigation system accuracy is very high to to find a small dent in the bottom of the sea or submarine tree.
Although many mobile phones are equipped with GPS receivers and navigation apps, they cannot fully replace the special tools. The market is flooded with various manufacturers’ machines. Prices range from a few tens to thousands of dollars.
Today will look at a relatively inexpensive but popular universal device Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder with Down-Imaging and GPS. To buy or not to buy, decision are your. I personally use it when I visited friends in Pascagoula Mississippi.
GPS Way Points and GPS Trails
I am completely satisfied with this device.
It helped me to catch big or not so big fish both the Gulf of Mexico and the Pascagoula River. I should be honest and say that I use the Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder only a fortnight. It was installed and very easy to operate. From personal experience I can not give a complete description of the installation, but I think it is no Chinese alphabet. The apparatus was once removed and it was easy to do.
Very detailed review you can find on the web. I wanna say some words from my own experience. That GPS integrated fishfinder as everything has their pros and cons.
- I liked the fact that it has a transducer and temp on display.
- GPS to record your track saves in memory for future reference and I used to use to find my way back home.
- It is quite clear down imaging. Actually, I could see a hoop net on the sea bed.
- I haven’t had an any issue with the GPS accuracy. If I mark a good fishing spot or navigational obstacle next time I found it right on a place.
- I like SwitchFire Mode, which enables users to adjust to the screen how much or how little clutter appears as well as remove or add detail, account for water depth. Temperature or turbulence and experiment with lure presentations.
- This great tool is compatible with Humminbird Lake Master cartography and Navionics cartography. I did not find any blank spots. Every area I sailed were covered and detailed.
Probably I missed something good to say, but now a little about what I did not like.
- A couple of times we went fishing in the gulf where the depth was over 60 meters (200 feet) and Fishfinder stopped marking fish. Maybe I just did not know how to adjust. I did not have a lot of time and waves were too big to stop a boat and begin to read the instructions.
- If purchased standard version of the cartography is usually not included. It will take about an additional $ 100. The offer is big.
- I did not find maps for European waters, but I think that this is resolved taking into account the Humminbird close cooperation with the NAVIONICS.
If I had to assess Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI FishFinder, then I will give my scale 8 out of 10. The price is excellent, and for us in Europe at a price even the Chinese fakes will be hard to buy.
Probably already my review is not the most meaningful,, but it is honest and true. And yet, yesterday I phoned my friend Michael to Pascagoula. I asked him how the Humminbird and he replied that it likes more, and the GPS fishfinder is going to take with him to a trip to Alaska.
Good luck fishing and so you can always find your secret fishing spots !
I would like to add recently found Humminbird 7400931 MHX XNT Transom Mounting Hardware Kit. It could be helpful for fellow boaters.
Here is what Humminbird say about another technology achievement Hummingbird Helix 7 SI GPS fishfinder
„Sometimes, you need every possible weapon at your disposal. Days like these call for the HELIX™ 7 SI GPS and its full arsenal of amazing technologies, including Side Imaging®, Down Imaging® and SwitchFire® Sonar. The seven-inch widescreen is the perfect canvas for your choice of split-screen views. The single card slot accommodates Humminbird® LakeMaster®, AutoChart™ and AutoChart™ Pro, as well as Navionics®+. Leading-edge technology has never been closer in reach.“
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.